A Blog About All Things Bitch-Worthy From An Almost Naked MzFit Toy.



MzFit Toy will draw you a picture of how she's gonna kick your ass, then mail it to you ten days in advance. The picture gets there, right? You go, "What the hell is this?" Then MzFit Toy knocks on your door, promptly kicks your ass, and you still won't know what happened to you!

Sunday, August 7, 2011

Finding Family In Unexpected Places 1/2

     Growing up, I was the oldest of three girls.  I knew that my sisters and I had different fathers.  My last name was different from theirs.  I knew they were the children of my mother's current husband, and that my father had left when I was six months old.  I also knew that I had a sister from my father that I had never met, and that she was two years younger than me, but I didn't know how to find her, being as young as I was, and I had no interest in finding my father.
     When I was 18, on the night of my prom, I crawled back into the house around 6am, and went through the mail I hadn't looked at earlier in the day.  At that time, I was applying to colleges in the hopes of actually getting into one (I did, but never went, long story).  So, as I was rifling through the mail, I find a very small envelope addressed to me from a <name withhled>.  Of course, I recognized the name, and was immediately upset about the whole affair.  Why would he wait 18 years to contact me and what did he want?  I read the letter, unfortunately, I do not have it anymore, but basically it said something along the lines of:

"Hi, I'm your father.  When you were a baby, blah blah blah.  I have been doing this for blah blah blah."

     Basically, a whole bunch of bullshit, as far as I was concerned.  The next day, I talked to my mom about it, and I was really upset about it.  It angered me that he waited so long to talk to me, and I was his first child.  How the hell could you abandon a child that you supposedly wanted more than anything? 
     Well, I wrote him back, and he wrote me again, I think I wrote him another letter, then he called me.  I was, of course, very shy about it, because this was a stranger I had never spoken to or met (well, he did leave when I was 6 months old, so no, I actually never met him), but he knew about me.  I don't remember what we talked about, but it doesn't really matter.  He never called back.
     So, I put that whole affair out of my mind, until I was around the age of 22.  I got it into my head that I was going to find my father.  I have no idea why, I really don't.  But, I was working at a hair salon and bored, so I got out the phone book.  I knew the name of one of his aunts, so I looked for her in the phone book.  I found six different people listed with that name.  So, I just called the first one, and as luck would have it, it happened to be the right one.  Go figure. lol  I explained to her who I was, who my father was, and was she his aunt.  She said she was, that they had wondered about me for years and years (they meaning two of his aunts lived together) but wasn't sure how to find me.  This sounded promising.  You know, sometimes when people finally connect with long-lost family, they aren't too happy to be found.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment